19.3.0 Invalid Archive Errors

I saw a lot of InvalidArchiveError when i trying install MFix 19.3.0. Do you know any further information about this problem?

InvalidArchiveError(“Error with archive C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\m2w64-gcc-objc-5.3.0-6.tar.bz2. You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file. Message from libarchive was:\n\nFailed to open ‘C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\m2w64-gcc-objc-5.3.0-6.tar.bz2’”)
InvalidArchiveError(“Error with archive C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\simpleeval-0.9.8-py_0.tar.bz2. You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file. Message from libarchive was:\n\nFailed to open ‘C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\simpleeval-0.9.8-py_0.tar.bz2’”)
InvalidArchiveError(“Error with archive C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\m2w64-toolchain-5.3.0-7.tar.bz2. You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file. Message from libarchive was:\n\nFailed to open ‘C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\m2w64-toolchain-5.3.0-7.tar.bz2’”)
InvalidArchiveError(“Error with archive C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\libnetcdf-4.6.1-h411e497_2v8jl1g0a\info-libnetcdf-4.6.1-h411e497_2.tar.zst. You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file. Message from libarchive was:\n\nFailed to open ‘C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\libnetcdf-4.6.1-h411e497_2v8jl1g0a\info-libnetcdf-4.6.1-h411e497_2.tar.zst’”)
InvalidArchiveError(“Error with archive C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\m2w64-libiconv-1.14-6.tar.bz2. You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file. Message from libarchive was:\n\nFailed to open ‘C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\m2w64-libiconv-1.14-6.tar.bz2’”)
InvalidArchiveError(“Error with archive C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\mfix-gui-19.3.0-pyh39e3cac_0.tar.bz2. You probably need to delete and re-download or re-create this file. Message from libarchive was:\n\nFailed to open ‘C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs\mfix-gui-19.3.0-pyh39e3cac_0.tar.bz2’”)

I just tried installed MFiX on a new computer; it worked for me.

Could you try deleting your C:\Users\Keçeci\.conda\pkgs directory and then trying again?

-Mark

I saw same error when i trying install 19.3.0 and 19.3.1 too. I tried reinstall anaconda and mfix again and again.

https://docs.anaconda.com/anaconda/user-guide/faq/#installing-anaconda

" We recommend installing Anaconda or Miniconda into a directory that contains only 7-bit ASCII characters and no spaces, such as C:\anaconda ."

Uninstall Anaconda (from your home directory) and reinstall,
Either select “install for all users” when installing again, or
If installing for “Just you”, manually change the installation directory from C:\Users\Keçeci\anaconda to C:\anaconda

Continuing the discussion from 19.3.0 Invalid Archive Errors:

I solved the problem. Thanks!

Firstly, I installed Anaconda to C:\anaconda3
Secondly when I open anaconda prompt, go back to c:\ with cd… command (because that prompt automaticly open in c:\users…) and installed mfix.