Can not visualize VTK and geometry in GUI when connected with remote computing clusters under Sinteract mode

Dear All,

I activate interactive mode of remote computing cluster (Sinteract), but the VTK and geometry in GUI can not be visualized. I hereby attach the snapshots as follows.

Thank you,

notvtk3

I’ve had the same error when running inside a virtual machine (Virtualbox), and I solved this by disabling 3D acceleration. Can this be of help? Error in vtkShaderProgram (GLSL 1.50 not supported)

Thank you Kjetil, I want to know whether I need to disable the 3D acceleration in my local ubuntu virtual machine or the remote one, I am the beginner for using the computing cluster. Thank you in advance.

Which virtual machine do you use?

The ubuntu 18.10 under virtual box, and I use the virtual machine to connect to the computing cluster.

If you see the post I linked to, you have to untick 3D graphics acceleration. There is even a screenshot showing this in the post.

It might be necessary to use the vglrun command, that is vglrun mfix instead of just mfix. But this depends on your local cluster so you should look for help from your colleagues who are familiar with the setup and your institution.

I see that there are two separate errors here, an OpenGL Shader error as seen in screenshots 1 and 2 - this has to do with 3D acceleration - but in the third screenshot there’s an HTTP server error (503 - service unavailable) which has to do with the communication between the GUI and the solver. I haven’t seen the 503 error before, so I’m not sure what caused that. Let me know if you continue to see these kind of server errors.

– Charles