Dr. Steven Rowan is a Senior Multiphase Experimental Scientist at Leidos. He received his Bachelor’s degrees in English (1994) and Aerospace Engineering (2000), Master’s degree in Aerospace Engineering (2006), and PhD in Mechanical Engineering (2010) from West Virginia University. His research interests include experimental multiphase flows, fluidization, process intensification, and deterministic chaos analysis of multiphase flow reactor systems.
Selected peer-reviewed journal articles:
- Rowan, S.L., Bobek, M.C., Yang, J., Breault, R. W., Estimation of Minimum Spouting Velocity in a Rectangular Spouted Bed, ASME J. of Energy Resources Technology, 2017, vol. 140, DOI:10.1115/1.4039739.
- Guda, S.S., Rowan, S.L., Yang, T., Shaffer, F., Celik, I.B. Investigation of Rope Formation in Gas-Solid Flows through a 90° Pipe Bend Using High Speed Video and CFD Simulations, The Journal of Computational Multiphase Flows, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1177/1757482X17723306
- Breault, R.W., Rowan, S.L., Monazam, Stewart, K.T. Lateral Particle Size Segregation in a Riser Under Core Annular Flow Conditions Due to the Saffman Lift Force, Powder Technology, 2016, vol. 299, pp. 119-126.
- Rowan, S.L., Celik, I.B., Gutierrez, A.D., Escobar Vargas, J., A Reduced Order Model for the Design of
- Oxy-Coal Combustion Systems, Journal of Combustion, 2015, Vol. 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/943568
- Rowan, S.L., Wu, F., Celik, I.B., Weiland, N.T., Experimental Investigation of Char Generated from Co-Pyrolysis of Coal and Appalachian Hardwoods, Fuel Processing Technology. 2014, 128, 354-358.
- Rowan, S., Celik I., Escobar, J., Pakalapati, S.R., and Target M., Reaction Kinetics Modeling of CaC2 formation from Coal and Lime, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2014, 53, 2963-2975.