[19.1] Installation Problems

@mark.meredith, looks like 18.1.5 packages are still being pulled?

@Emre: There was a conda package missing in the repo for mfix-19.1.0. I added the package, please try again.

Before trying conda install ... again, you can run conda clean --index just to be extra sure you’re seeing the most current versions of the packages.

1 Like

Thanks Mark, i successfully installed mfix-19.1.

Dear NETL member

I tried to install MFiX 19.1 version, but ‘permission denied’ message comes out in the installation. I attached the message below. Can you help me? If you have any other things for solving this problem, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Please stop posting images with your user key.

Thank you. I erased the user key.

This is always the case when I install mfix-19.1 in Windows 7. Can you help me solve this problem?thank you ! ![](file:///C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Tencent Files\1527457705\Image\C2C\75ADE72E4F572A940C9107AC0A894ADF.png)

Your file didn’t up load properly. And please make sure not to include images / screenshots that show your user name and pin.

Sorry, my previous pictures were not loaded. My problem is that there are always errors in the pictures when installing mfix19.1 in win7. Could you help me solve them?Thank you very much!image

It looks like you don’t have write permission to that directory.

When installing Anaconda on Windows, did you select “Install for all users”, or “Install for myself”? Perhaps if you selected “Install for all users”, it installed Anaconda with Admin privileges.

I would recommend uninstalling Anaconda cleanly and completely; make sure the Anaconda directory and mfix\\envs directories are deleted entirely, and then install Anaconda again (just for your own user account) and then install MFiX again

I have the same problem in win 7 as Yubinjia, so I followed your suggestion like below, but the problem was not solved. How can I solve this problem?

" It looks like you don’t have write permission to that directory.

When installing Anaconda on Windows, did you select “Install for all users”, or “Install for myself”? Perhaps if you selected “Install for all users”, it installed Anaconda with Admin privileges.

I would recommend uninstalling Anaconda cleanly and completely; make sure the Anaconda directory and mfix\\envs directories are deleted entirely, and then install Anaconda again (just for your own user account) and then install MFiX again"

I understand the problem now. I tested installing mfix-19.1 in Virtualbox, saw the same error as @Daniel_Kim.

The mfix-gui conda package includes symlinks, which work on Unix and Windows 10 but are not supported on Windows 7.

I can fix that by using copies of files in the package, instead of symlinks. That will be in the next patch release of 19.1, sometime next week.

(Please try again in a few days! I can reply in the thread when a fix it available.)

Thanks a lot ! I am looking forward !

19.1.2 is available now with the fix for the symlink installation issue on Windows 7.

I removed and reinstalled Anaconda and reinstalled MFiX 19.1, and it finally works without any denied permission problem in window 7!!! I appreciate your help, Mark!!

Hi, is there a problem with the server or is something wrong with my account, while I try to newly install mfix I get an error 403 UnavailableInvalidChannel: The channel is not accessible or is invalid.
Many thanks in advance for your kind help!

ps: I also cannot download the latest mfix source tarball from the webpage while being logged in - so I assume it either is my account or the server

@Thorsten I just tested downloading the source tarball and installing the conda package, both worked for me. Could you try again? What platform are you running on?

Hi Mark, yes- since yesterday downloading worked again, many thanks!