19.3.1 installation issues

Hello Team, I’m trying to installing MFiX-19.3.1 on Ubuntu and facing the attached error.

I first downloaded Anaconda3-2021.05-Linux-x86_64.sh and issued bash Anaconda3-2021.05-Linux-x86_64.sh to install this package. After this, opened a new terminal and copy-pasted conda create -n mfix-19.3.1 mfix=19.3.1 mfix-doc=19.3.1 mfix-gui=19.3.1 mfix-solver=19.3.1 mfix-src=19.3.1 -c mfix -c https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/s3/3e2b2dcf/a0176e4dfc12d7480bdfa03abb5d1617/conda/dist from MFiX webpage.

When I open the GUI using conda activate mfix-19.3.1, I get this error on the screen.

Could not import VTK, please check your installation.
traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/jb/Desktop/Installs_DontDelete/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vtkmodules/vtkCommonCore.py”, line 5, in
from .vtkCommonCorePython import *
ImportError: libtbb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/jb/Desktop/Installs_DontDelete/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages/mfixgui/vtk_widgets/init.py”, line 8, in
import vtk
File “/home/jb/Desktop/Installs_DontDelete/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vtk.py”, line 32, in
all_spec.loader.exec_module(all_m)
File “/home/jb/Desktop/Installs_DontDelete/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vtkmodules/all.py”, line 7, in
from .vtkCommonCore import *
File “/home/jb/Desktop/Installs_DontDelete/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.1/lib/python3.7/site-packages/vtkmodules/vtkCommonCore.py”, line 9, in
from vtkCommonCorePython import *
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘vtkCommonCorePython’

How to troubleshoot this? Thank you.

Looks like you are missing libtbb.so.2. What version of ubuntu are you running?

I don’t have an Ubuntu image atm, but does this work?

sudo apt install libtbb

Hello @onlyjus, thank you for your reply. Here are my ubuntu machine details.

Ubuntu

Could you please advise me further to troubleshoot the problem? Thank you.

Also, in the mean time, I tried sudo apt install libtbb and I get the following message on the terminal.

A

Could you please let me know how to troubleshoot this issue? Thank you.

hmmm maybe try the dev version?

sudo apt-get install -y libtbb-dev