Absence of Hybrid Model

Hi
Recently I installed the MFIX 19.3.0 and I want to use a hybrid model project for my simulation.
But I can’t find it among available models!
See these photos:

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

After you open the hybrid tutorial case (mfix-19.3.0\legacy_tests\hybrid\BubblingBed2D), you will find it.

Where can we find the hybrid test exactly in anaconda for mfix-19.3.0?

Go to the main menu :arrow_right: about and it will show you where MFiX is currently installed:

~/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.0/share$ cd …
(mfix-19.3.0) eric@eric-ThinkPad-P50s:~/anaconda3/envs/mfix-19.3.0$ ls
bin conda-meta etc lib man phrasebooks qml sbin ssl var
compiler_compat doc include libexec mkspecs plugins resources share translations x86_64-conda_cos6-linux-gnu

there is no directory “legacy_tests” though?

You can also go to the MFIX website, download the archived source tarball. Extract the file and you can find the hydrid tutorial case.

Thank you very much, it is a good call

I know the hybrid has not been tested much.

It seems however that even in the tutorial modified a little for smaller inlet velocity and smaller particles (no interpolation of DEM, and superbee) that the gas velocity becomes strangely high.

The inlet velocity is 0.5ms, yet the velocity gas be larger than 10 m/s. Uploading: mfix.mfx…

The particle_file is that of the tutorial of the hybrid/BubblingBed2D

Any suggestion on why that is? It does not appear without the DEM particles read.

E.

If the gas velocity is larger than 10 m/s, the particles should be blown out of the bed. Pay attention the unit as in the tutorial, CGS unit is used. Please post you .mfix file.

mfix.mfx (15.5 KB)

Here it is. Mfi 19.3.0 converted from cgs to SI when loading though. I think the inlet velocity is in m/s (at least it is that way in the GUI)

I noticed that if I input in GUI 1 m/s it becomes 10 in the write out (units must be cgs) then. Strange right? That the right outs are not changed? The pressure, solid velocity seem to have the right units.

The GUI only operates in SI. If it detects the cgs flag then the GUI will automatically convert to SI, although it it not guaranteed that everything gets converted correctly.