Add a new reaction in the CO2 absorption case ,try to generate Solid2, but actually it was not generated

Hello,!
I added a new reaction in the CO2 absorption case, named Reaction_1, and defined the new reaction rate as a constant in USR_rates.f, in an attempt to generate solid2, but actually it did not generated.

1fb41bb6a35cabffa27c9eb02722c35

Actually, we are trying to simulate the gas-liquid-solid flow based on this CO2 absorption case, in which the liquid and solid phase is described as solid 1 and solid2, both of them are solved as one phase of TFM. In this tutorial case, the existence of the reactor internals are reflected by the solid2. Thus, we want to use this framework to study a gas-liquid-solid system, in which the fluid phase breaks to gas and solid phase.
What’s the reason and What should I do?
Thanks!
Absorption_column_2d.zip (36.9 MB)

shot-2022-01-24_10-28-04

Reaction_1 produces ‘coke’ from ‘mes’. And as you point out, no coke is produced. But it looks like the starting material is not present. If you add an output or monitor for ‘mes’ you will see that it remains at 0.

At the pressure inlet, the mass fraction for ‘mes’ is 0. (Similarly for the initial condition). So the starting material for Reaction_1 is not present.

Furthermore, I notice that depending on window size and screen layout, the mass fraction column can get hidden. This is a small bug, there’s no reason for the ‘species’ column to be so wide… I will fix this in the upcoming 22.1 release.