Can I switch on the energy equation when i restart a case

I am confused about the question described in the title.
I would like to develop the flow for several seconds without resolving the energy equation and then restart the case. The restarted case will resolve the energy equation. But I failed and got a fatal error note.
I use the keyword ‘restart_1’

Could anyone provide some advice? Thanks a lot!

Kind regards

I did a test and found no problem (I started with energy equation off, after writing several steps of data and turned on energy equation and reran it with “restart_1”, without reactions).
Make sure that you set all boundary and initial conditions related to energy equation correctly at the beginning. Check the setting “RES_DT”, make sure that you have written the restart file.

Thanks for your reply.

I feel sorry for not making it clear. I am using the DEM method and problems might happened in this document(***.DES.RES). I am trying to resolve this by delete the 70th line in write_res0_des.f, as below.

But I am not sure about this

Kind regards

MFIX-DEM does not support enabling energy or species equations on restart. Arrays for tracking these properties are only allocated if, and only if, they are enabled from the start of a simulation. If you remove the line above, then you will likely get a segmentation fault when MFIX attempts to write the array given that it was not allocated.

Thank you for your reply!
If so, I guess I can only enable the energy equation at the start without temperature gradient!