Custom solver build error: not found mfixgui

System: MacOS Catalina. v10.15.4
MFix: 19-3-1
Whenever I build solver through GUI and hit RUN, the solver shows error and details are like this (see attached screenshot), can anybody explain why?

It looks like the solver is being run with a different Python installation.

Did you Install using the Mac Conda package, or install the source tarball with Pip?

When you build the custom solver [project]/mfixsolver.sh , Click on Show Output and copy/paste the first screenful of lines or so.

Hi, I reinstalled the all packaged-anaconda, conda and mfix, and I do install using Mac Conda package following the procedures from NETL website. I reopened the model and built the solver, but it still didn’t work. Below attached is the screenshot of the first screenful lines for building mfixsolver.sh.

It is finding /usr/local/Frameworks/python.framework/... which is a different Python distribution from Anaconda (installed from Python.org ?)

You could remove the Frameworks Python installation if you don’t need it, and the build should work.

Alternatively, you could try installing the MFiX source tarball with Pip and see if that works for you.

Yes I removed this Frameworks directory and now it works, thank you Mark.

1 Like