Custom Solver Build Error

Hi,

I am new to all these Python-Conda development environment, so I would like to kindly ask for your help with this error that I receive when I try to build Silane_Pyrolysis case. It is the default example case.

Best regards

How are you building it? Through the GUI? Cmake? Windows? Linux? … need more details please.

@mark.meredith looks like f2py is not in the conda environment?

I have 2 installations: both of them are on Windows. The problematic one is the version 18.1.5 is installed on Miniconda with the environment-win64.yml file from (https://anaconda.org/mfix/mfix-win64/2019.03.05.220144/download/environment-win64.yml) (I had problems installing with Anaconda under proxy/firewall, I was able to run mfix only with this method) There is no f2py.py file in the Scripts location. But I was able to install 18.1.3 with Anaconda on my home PC, and I just compiled the Silane case successfully even though there were many warnings related to [-Wincompatible-pointer-types] in f2py functions.

I have numpy-1.16.2 installed on the problematic setup. While numpy-1.14 and 1.15 packages contain f2py.py, 1.16 does not, instead there is f2py-script.py. I was able to solve this issue by copying the f2py.py file from 1.15 to numpy-1.16/scripts folders (both in pkgs and envs folders). However I recieve [-Wincompatible-pointer-types] warnings on both installations. Is that a normal thing for this case or is there a problem with my environment or fortran setup? Please find attached the log file that I had to save as .f file in order to upload.build_log.f (217.3 KB)

It doesn’t seem to be a problem with your Conda/Fortran environment on Windows. NumPy 1.16 made some changes so that the f2py.bat command doesn’t work anymore; instead there is a f2py.exe script launcher. I am making a change to run F2PY as python -m f2py instead, to avoid these issues and be consistent on all platforms. This will be in the upcoming 19.1 release.

The -Wincompatible-pointer-types warnings in 18.1 are normal and don’t indicate a problem. They will be quieter in 19.1.

1 Like