Error: 2 Connection closed

Dear MFiX help,

I am using MFiX version 18.1.5 and it is installed on a Virtual Machine in linux environment. I regulrly encounter to the “Error 2: Connection closed”, as explained below, and do appreciate if you can advise me from where it might originate and how I can solve that.

Assume that I run a simulation on MFiX (on Virtual Machine) and as the simulation is running fine, I return to the Windows environment to continue other tasks. Once I return back to the Virtual Machine to check the status of simulation, I occasionally see that the simulation has stopped running with “Error2: Connection closed”. The required time for the switch between the Virtual Machine and Windows to see this error is completely stochastic. Although this error has oftern occured during the explained situation, I recall cases where, I encountered to the same error when watching the running simulation on MFiX (on Virtual Machine). This problem prevents me of having a simulation to be continuously running and I have to regularly keep an eye on that to make sure that it is still running.

Note that I set “Off” the Screen Lock of Virtual Machine. For all cases that I had the mentioned error, I could resume the simulation and let it to continue running. However, the required simulation time has substantially increased with this issue.

Regards,
Jaber Shabanian

Is the solver dying or just the HTTP connection between the solver and the GUI?

The solver stops running.

The error message is harmless (though distracting). There is an issue in our Gitlab tracker for that (748). It was fixed in MFiX 19.1.

Thank you Mark for the info. It seems that I should move to MFiX 19.1.