Error at building the solver

@jeff: I just tried with your usr_rates.f and I did not get a segfault. This confirms that it takes a high degree of expertise to write a usr_rates.f that works :slight_smile:

Jack, can you please confirm you can run the files I sent?

Make sure you have

DOUBLE PRECISION, DIMENSION(NO_OF_RXNS), INTENT(OUT) :: RATES ! Reaction Rates

instead of

DOUBLE PRECISION, INTENT(OUT) :: RATES(:) ! Reaction Rates

I started from the sample file in the silane tutorial instead of what is in the doc. We will need to update the documentation, these examples are outdated.

Yeah I used exactly the files that you shared with me and it gave me the same error. I tried both editing mine and using Jeff’s directly. Both built the solver but got the same error when I tried to run it.

I’m using gfortran 10.2.0.

gfortran --version

GNU Fortran (Homebrew GCC 10.2.0_1) 10.2.0

Copyright © 2020 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

Jack - please scroll back in the console and see if there’s a stack trace there. If so, please post it here. The stack trace should contribute to the “# Errors” but currently it doesn’t, this will be addressed in the next release.

No I don’t see anything there. Here is the full console.

“Solver test failed with the following error” isn’t the message from a failed run. It’s a message from the run popup, trying out the available solvers, before even starting the run. I suggest removing all solvers from this popup:

and trying again.

yeah I tried that again and it still gave the same error…

I’m running out of ideas. Delete the build directory and try again?

Yeah I deleted everything in my folder, and copied and pasted Jeff’s code into the folder, and built the solver after deleting all existing solvers. Not sure if it’s a Mac problem. I’ll run it on linux and windows to test it out. Thanks!

Yeah as I guessed, the code ran on my windows just fine. I guess it’ll run on Linux as well. Seems like it was a mac problem… Thanks all for helping so much!