Error when saving

Hello,

I am trying to save a simulation and I get the following error. Could anybody help me with what this means?

Error: Version control operation failed: Cmd(‘git’) failed due to: exit code(128)
cmdline: git tag 62 HEAD
stderr: ‘fatal: tag ‘62’ already exists’

The project file should still save. We added a git functionality to the GUI to track changes in the project file. This error typically occurs when a project is shared/copied and the local git tracking gets out of sync with the project information.

Hi, Weber

Recently, I updated MFIX to the latest version, i.e. 20.4.1. When I finished the setting of my case and saved my case as usual, the following error occurred. I made several tries, but this error always came up. When i was using MFIX-20.2.1, there was no such error. Can you tell me how to solve it?

Thanks.

Error: Failed to save E:\p2d\p2d.mfx: TypeError: get() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘default’

Do you get anything else? Do you have a partially saved file and instructions on how to reproduce the error?

The same issue of MFIX-20.4 was found when I tried to read an older project file (MFIX-19.3). The issue seems to come from Chemistry.

Steps to reproduce the error:

1. Open the attached mfix.dat file using GUI 20.4, then click the save button, you may find the error, see attached image.
  2. Open the attached mfix.dat file using GUI 20.4, then click chemistry, remove the chemical reaction, then click the save button, no error will show.
    mfix.mfx (14.3 KB)

I gave a same error today when I tried to use both of 20.4.0 and 20.4.2. My project is created on 20.4 too. Problem is on the Chemistry section but I need chemistry too :slight_smile:

This problem should have been fixed in 20.4.2. Let me confirm that and I’ll get back to you.

• Charles

Ahmet - I’m fairly certain that this error was fixed in 20.4.2. I just downloaded that release from the website to confirm and the bugfix is in there. Are you certain that you updated to 20.4.2 and activated the Conda environment properly? Are you certain that the error you are getting is the same one - unexpected keyword argument 'default' ?

• Charles