Errors and warnings for tutotial 3.3

I have followed each step carefully which was given exactly in the tutorial. Please help me with this!! Also when I change the “to Y field” to 0.08, the type of geometry is changes to box rather than XY-plane.

Screenshot 2021-11-18 173946|690x405

This was corrected some weeks back. As this is 2D, this boundary should of course strech in only one direction (not both x and y). It should say “to X”. Have a look at 3.3. Two Dimensional Fluid Bed, Discrete Element Model (DEM) — MFiX 21.3.2 documentation

1 Like

okay, so I’ve run that back with some changes. I get some warnings and when I run the vtk file, the image does not move.

Thanks, but please provide your .mfx file. It is not clear what is making these warnings.

new_project.mfx (12.6 KB)

If possible, please run it in both win 10 and win 11. So we might know what is the real problem. I’m doing the same and will let you know if I find anything wrong.

You have entered solid volume fraction of 0.6, which is above the default packing. This should be set to 0.4 according to the tutorial. You have also not changed the vtk write interval. Apart from this I don’t get any errors, but the same warnings as you. This might not be a problem though.

I know but for our project, we were supposed to change the bed solids fraction from 0.4 to 0.6. I do not understand how to change the vtk write interval. Can you please help me with that?

Oh. Now I found out what vtk write interval is. I think I have checked it. Let me try again. Thanks.

The tutorial does not mention to change it from 0.4 to 0.6. Also, this would not satisfy the condition of having a void fraction of 0.42, which is specified as default under “solids”. So you simulation would probably crash.

I got the results by changing the bed solids fraction from 0.4 to 0.6. I don’t see any crashing software problem.