How to determine the k and epsilon values of turbulence k-epsilon model?

Hello, researcher! I encounter a problem in the value of k and epsilon in the k-epsilon model. I studied the relevant documents of the website, did not find the value of k, epsilon relevant content. How are these two values determined? Furthermore, what is the difference between the k and epsilon values of the (IC
) initial condition and the (BC) boundary condition? Is the value of the boundary condition the maximum? Looking forward to solving this problem! Thank you!

These are model parameters which it is up to you to specify. I suggest you look at some references for the K-epsilon model, starting here K-epsilon models -- CFD-Wiki, the free CFD reference

Thanks for the advice, very helpful for me.

I was about to ask about the same myself actually, as I haven’t got this to work at all on simulations with liquids, only gases. Is this an actual limitation? I get the same initial error always, no iteration is done, so I figure there must be something fundamentally wrong. I have been hesitating to post this as a possible bug.

@kjetilbmoe - more details please! What have you tried and what errors are you seeing?

Perhaps better to do this it in a different thread. My experience is only that I’ve got it to work in a TFM case with air, but not with water. Haven’t tried it out more than that.