How to get the two types of particles in the initial bed to mix evenly

I have two types of particles within the initial bed, but the particle filled bed defaults to the two types of particles being layered. In order to mix the two particles evenly, I first performed the feeding process (with the energy and species equations turned off), and after the feeding was finished, I changed the RUN_TYPE to “RESTART_2” (to make the particles that are evenly mixed after the feeding the initial particles of the new simulation), but I can’t turn on the energy and species equations. equations. After clicking the “reset job” button, I cannot change the RUN_TYPE to “RESTART_2”. How can I make the particles after feeding to be the initial particles for the new simulation (which is different from the conditions during feeding)? Or is there a good way to keep the two particles in the initial bed in a homogeneous mixing state?

I’m not sure why “RESTART_2” isn’t working, but one thing you can try is doing an initial run to seed and mix the particles, then saving the particle positions and using those as a particle_input.dat file for the next run

shot-2023-11-17_10-56-42

Alternately you could write a standalone script to create the particle input file with the particles mixed (see Particle generation in a small box

I have tried, but found that after checking “filter particle_input.dat” I get the following error when I run it.

What is mfix-virtual-machine ? Are you running in a VM? Perhaps “out of resource” means it’s low on memory or something? I am not familiar with this message.