How to set the MFIX-DEM model in monitors to obtain the Mole fraction of a gas?

Hello everyone! My example is a two-dimensional fluidized bed simulation,
Using the MFIX-DEM model, initially using air as the fluid and entering from the bottom inlet for a period of time, I only changed the constant values of density and viscosity in the fluid,
After running for a period of time, I switched to using both air and he gases to enter at the same time. I selected air and he from the specifications in the fluid,
I want to monitor the Mole fraction of these two gases at the inlet and outlet sections,
But in monitors, select the section of inlet and outlet, whose type is cell and Area-weighted average.
I find that the following options about gas Mole fraction cannot be selected? Why is this?

DEM_2d_fluid_bed.mfx (12.1 KB)

I’m not sure I understand your question - are you saying the control for gas molar fraction is disabled?

Can you please upload your project files so we can take a look? Main menu / “Submit bug report”

Thank you very much for your answer. I have already uploaded screenshots and files.
I want to monitor the change of Mole fraction of helium and air at the inlet and outlet for a period of time, but the problem is that the options of monitors cannot be selected. I don’t know why?
I just came into contact with MFIX, and I hope you can help me solve my doubts, senior. Thank you very much.

You need to enable species equations. How did you manage to define species without enabling that?

When controls are disabled, usually there is a tooltip message indicating why they are disabled, in this case that message was not provided, sorry. I’ll fix that for the next release.

Thank you very much for your answer. I am using version 22.4.3.
I found that using the MFIX-TFM model, you can check the enable specifications equations option on the fluid interface, and you can also check the Mole fraction of each component on the monitors interface.
But I am currently using the MFIX-DEM model and cannot check it in the fluid interface. May I ask if the DEM model cannot use enable specifications equations?
If MFX-DEM can’t check the Mole fraction of each component on the monitors interface, then I want to use air as the fluid to calculate for a period of time, and then use air+a certain gas as the fluid to monitor the Mole fraction change of each gas component on a certain section. How can I achieve this?

Again: You need to enable energy and species equations

shot-2023-06-29_09-06-55

How did you get species defined without enabling species equations?

The problem has been resolved. Thank you very much for your answer

Senior, I would like to ask another question.
My MFIX-DEM calculation example has been completed, and it does not involve the energy and species equations, nor does it define species.
Now, I want to add species on top of the completed examples, but I found that the completed examples cannot open the energy and species equations.
May I ask if this situation can only be recalculated? Can I only set each equation before starting the simulation?

shot-2023-06-30_07-56-05

Senior, can this situation only be recalculated?

Right, you need to reset the job and recalculate.