How to use SMP in windows?

Dear MFix Team and other users,

Good morning or evening.
I used the MFix to learn the tutorials on Windows. I want to use the SMP to speed up the simulation. I used the [build solver] to build a SMP solver. It was succeeded. However, when I selected the built solver to run. It didn’t work. The messages was shown in the image 3. I tried to use the method as shown in image 4. It can be worked, but the speed is equal to the serial. I don’t know how to fix this problem. If anyone know, please tell me about this.
I am very thankful for this.
Thanks and best wish,
Zhihao

The messy code in the prompt message in Figure 3 may be that the file name in one of your paths has letters that the software does not recognize, such as Chinese, etc. We suggest renaming the file and replacing the spaces with underscores

2 Likes

Thanks, you are right. There are some spaces.
Thanks again.

Hi. I’m wondering where these instructions came from and why you are starting MFiX from the command line instead of just hitting “Run” in the MFiX GUI.

Those instructions came from this forum earlier. It isn’t know. Sorry about that

It’s not a problem but you may find it easier to just click the “Run” button at the top of the GUI

Okay, thanks for your help