In the SQP method, the periodic boundary is used to calculate the non-spherical particles

Hello, everyone!
The periodic boundary condition is adopted in the z direction, and the number of particles decreases continuously during the calculation. However, the use of non-slip boundary conditions will report errors. Thank you!

0.325.zip (10.2 MB)
Slip.zip (110.3 KB)

I’m not sure, but I think the issue may be that you only have one cell in the z direction. @jeff.dietiker is that correct?

How did you generate the particle_input.dat file? You have particles sticking out of the domain which creates large overlap and excessive forces.

Thank you for your reply! @cgw

Thank you for your help! @jeff.dietiker
Automatically generates particles in MFIX, allowing them to fall freely and accumulate to form.

Did you have a front a back wall? If so you may need to increase the wall Young’s modulus.

Thank you for your reply! @jeff.dietiker
There are front and back walls in this file, but the runtime will report an error.
Slip.zip (110.3 KB)

According to the case of this file, I increase the Young 's modulus of the wall to 100000000pa, but there will still be the following errors. @jeff.dietiker

Slip.zip (264.5 KB)

Sorry, I am not talking about BCs in the run that fails, I want to know exactly how did you generate the particle_input.dat file you are using as the starting point is Slip.zip.

Firstly, the particles are automatically generated, so that they fall freely, and the data of the moment when the particles fall and stand still are taken to extract the position information of the particles. @jeff.dietiker

Can you please share the setup files for this simulation? I need to understand why particles are not constrained in the z-direction. This is why I want to know if you had wall BC or cyclic BC in the z-direction for this preliminary run.

The SQP code is fairly new and still has a few issues to be worked out. One of these is the tendencies to produce overflows. You may have to turn off overflow checking to get your SQP models to run.

Please see this forum post

for instructions on how to edit gfortran_init.c to disable this checking.

Thank you for your reply! @jeff.dietiker
This problem has been solved. It is because some particles are outside the model, resulting in operational errors. The decrease in the number of particles is due to the use of periodic boundaries in the z direction.

Thank you for your reply! @cgw
This problem has been solved.