Is it possible to use automatic particle generation feature in the case of Hybrid TFM-DEM Model?

I am having trouble using automatic particle generation feature in my Hybrid TFM-DEM Model, I have tried making this random automatic particle generation file. I have tried changing a several things and I am still unsure what is the problem that is persisting, can you please look into my .mfx file and my particle input file.
NEW.mfx (8.6 KB)
particle_input.dat (126.5 KB)

Hi @ckryptickunal
The TFM/DEM model is not fully developed and is not fully supported but we can try to give you a little help.

Please provide a little more detail: What have you tried so far, and what problems are you seeing? When I took a look at your case I got some warnings about overpacking, have you addressed these? Also I suggest you upgrade to the latest MFiX, version 23.4.1, because I see some obsolete keywords in your file.

– Charles

Your topic is about “automatic particle generation” but your example has a “particle_input.dat” - so I’m not totally clear on what you are trying to do here

Thank you @cgw for the reply.
So I am trying to explore the particle segregation in a Hybrid TFM-DEM model and to build a model I tried working things out step by step, I first made a TFM Model, then added DEM particles to it, then I realised that to use the Hybrid model we can not use automatic particle generation, so I then looked for what is the alternative of this, so I then figured out that if automatic generation is not available then I can use a particle_input.dat file to solve my problem. My end goal is to make a TFM-DEM model and study particle segregation with particles of different density or diameter, I am not stick to a particular method but more towards whatever could help me achieve my goal.

Also I am new to the software and I am unsure about how to check if my case is overpacked, can you please help me with this?

If you run the case with the latest MFiX (23.4.1) you will get warnings about the overpacking.

I used the developer version through my terminal to run my .mfx file

What is “Developer version”?

Ohh, I am sorry for the confusion. I am using the terminal to build my custom solver than the GUI version as the GUI version has its own limitations.

The GUI is designed to help you and prevent invalid settings, including overpacking - I suggest you use it! In any case, Hybrid is unsupported at this time. You are going to have to work through the errors and warnings one by one. If you have specific questions we can try to answer here but please include the exact error messages you are seeing.

– Charles

Hello @cgw, thanks for the amazing help.
Can you help me understand the use of particle generation file better?
I want to know how can i describe the particle coordinates and velocity using particle distribution feature of MFiX, since the current problem in my file is for generating the particles/ defining them for my hybrid model.