Mfix-19.3.1 run issue

IMO, if you are just trying to get minimum fluidization velocity, then it doesn’t matter where in the bed you are measuring the pressure. All you need is a pressure vs superficial gas velocity curve. Of course, it is nice to see the bed “weight” in the pressure (more so from the experimental side to verify that the bed mass/pressure/location are all consistent).

Anyway, looks like a nice Umf curve to me.

1 Like

Looks good to me. As Justin said, some people like to normalize the pressure drop by the weight of the bed so the plateau has a value of one.

Thank you, Dr.@jeff.dietiker, @onlyjus for your confirmation. I think, now I understood umf extraction from MFiX setup.

→ My observation is particle volume fraction is 0.58 when gas velocity approaches zero in above simulation. This value, I confirmed for few other particle types also.
A. Can we say, in TFM, maximum particle volume fraction is 0.58?
B. In setup initialization, I used particle volume fraction as 0.55 (guess) and perhaps, more correct value is 0.58?

→ For parallelization, is there a “most probable” optimum nCells / CPU based on your experience, for best speed-up? We know, too many or too less CPUs kills speed. There are no cut-cells here.

→ Output file shows that choice of parallelization is OpenMP. I believe, I have access to MPI on cluster, is this better than OpenMP?
ENABLE_MPI = OFF
ENABLE_OpenMP = 1
ENABLE_NETCDF = OFF
ENABLE_CTEST = OFF
ENABLE_COVERAGE = OFF

Best,