Mfix 21.4 does not run on Mac

I installed mfix 21.4 on my Mac successfully. I followed all the steps. However, once I type “mfix” on the terminal and press “return” to run it, no window or anything appears (see the picture below). Could you please tell me what the problem is? Only a python 3.8 icon appears on the menu bar (see the picture below)

Thanks for the report. We’ve heard from a few other users that MFiX does not work on M1 Macs. We do not yet have a solution to this, sorry. Part of the issue is that we currently lack M1 hardware for testing. We are working on this, we’ll announce a solution when it becomes available. Thanks for your patience.

– Charles

My system is not M1 though. It is MacBook Pro. Please see the picture below

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll try to find out why this is not working. We have a very small number of users on Mac and this platform receives the least attention, but we do want to support it if possible. I’ll let you know if we find anything useful.

– Charles

To all users having trouble with the Mac platform. I found this posting:

“Unfortunately, the current version of pyqt is also a huge burden for users running macOS 11, as Qt GUIs simply won’t open … unless users set the environment variable QT_MAC_WANTS_LAYER to "1".”

Can you try setting this environment variable and see if it helps?

– Charles