Mfix 22.4 (qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 182 ms. )

Hello Everyone,

I just installed version 22.4 from 22.3. But now when I run Mfix 22.3 or 22.4, following statements shows up in terminal and the simulation doesnot run. It says solver crash.

qt.qpa.fonts: Populating font family aliases took 182 ms. Replace uses of missing font family “Monospace” with one that exists to avoid this cost.
/Users/optimusprime/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-22.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/core/fromnumeric.py:3432: RuntimeWarning: Mean of empty slice.
return _methods._mean(a, axis=axis, dtype=dtype,
/Users/optimusprime/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-22.3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/numpy/core/_methods.py:190: RuntimeWarning: invalid value encountered in double_scalars
ret = ret.dtype.type(ret / rcount)

Could you please help me understand these statements and solve them?
Thank you very much.

Regards,
Bimal Chhushyabaga

Hi @BimalChhushyabaga

The messages you pasted are all warnings that do not relate to the solver crash. The message about “monospace” is a warning from the font system, but is not a fatal error. Same with the “RuntimeWarning” messages - these have been fixed in 22.4, but I can see from your error message that these came from 22.3

If you are getting a solver crash, there should be a message in the MFiX console itself (bottom-right part of the main window). If you need further help, please go to the main MFiX menu, select “Submit bug report” and upload the project .ZIP file.

Hi @cgw,

Thank you very much for the information. I am grateful for your help.
I will check the model simulation again and submit the bug report if the error still exist.

Sincerely,
Bimal Chhushyabaga