Modify the Mass fraction

Hello, I want to modify the mass fraction of baseline composition, but after modification, it will automatically change to the previous value. Could you please tell me how to solve this problem.Below is the value I want to set, thank you

cao-co2-dem-2d_2022-08-17T152250.241862.zip (86.4 KB)

Hi @wangyi -

Sorry for the trouble, you have found a bug in the GUI. It is remembering a previously used value for the mass fraction and this is not allowing you to update the value. We will issue a fix for this ASAP. In the meanwhile I suggest the following workaround:

Close MFIX.

Open the file cao-co2-dem-2d.mfx in a text editor

Remove lines 455-457 which contain:

#!MFIX-GUI retained_keys = {"mw_avg": 29.0, "ro_g0": 1.0, "mu_g0": 1.8e-05,
#!MFIX-GUI   "c_ps0(1)": 860.0, "particles": 0, "ro_s0(1)": 2600.0, "c_pg0":
#!MFIX-GUI   1005.0, "x_s0(1,1)": 0.6, "x_s0(1,2)": 0.4, "inert_species(1)": 1}

Remove these lines, save the file, reopen in MFiX and you should be able to change the mass fraction. Please let me know if this does not work for you.

Thanks for the report.

– Charles

If you like, you can try this updated code which should fix the problem

Find the file Anaconda3/envs/mfix-22.2.1/lib/site-packages/mfixgui/solids_handler.py and replace it with the attached file:

solids_handler.py (94.7 KB)

This fix will be included the next MFiX release.

Thank you for your help. This problem was solved after I changed the file.
And I have a question want to ask once, when I was in the simulation of the gas-solid reaction, got the grain diameter changing with reaction results below figure, I want to ask, gas from the bottom of the middle hole, so the diameter of the particles changes should be different, not the same color particles change as a whole, would you please tell me what the solution to the problem, thank you!!

cao-co2-dem-2d_2022-08-18T124526.811996.zip (22.6 MB)

@wangyi - please start a new topic for a new question. This one is marked as “resolved”. Thanks.