Monitors of mass fractions on Lagrangian frame

I am studying the mixing index of different size and particles of different shape factors, and i need mass fractions. I see “Mass fraction of each individual species” monitor in User Manual but i can’t see this option on GUI.

I have 2 solids. I built postmfix and trying to take these values in here. Postmfix gave me just the solid 1, I didn’t see for the solid 2.

Are there any suggestion for take values of mass fractions of differents solids for control volume (on postmfix, mfix GUI, or Paraview)?

Hi Ahmet -

There are two types of monitors, Cell and Particle.

For Cell data, the mass fraction monitor controls are here:

That controls keywords monitor_x_g (for gas phase) and monitor_x_s (for solids)

For particle monitors the situation is a little different:

This controls monitor_x_p and monitor_part_phase

These controls and keywords are not associated with a specific phase - they apply to all particles. The monitor_part_phase boolean allows you to select which phase or phases you want to see on a per-monitor basis. This is the reason that the species names appear in the first screenshot (CO2, etc) but the second screenshot only says “Species 1” and “Species 2”. This is a little bit confusing, I hope my explanation helps clear it up. Please let me know if you have further questions.

– Charles

1 Like

It seems I understand wrongly. I think that is a solid mass fraction, not species. And I didn’t see this option because I didn’t open species equations.

I have a 2 solids, not different species. And I want to mass fractions of solid1 and solid2 in the volume. I select total masses of different solids and calculate externally at Excel.

Ahmet - how about if you define a single species for each phase? Then you should be able to select monitor_x_s in the GUI

– Charles