Problem about Building postmfix

Hello, developers. I have a problem about building postmfix. When I try to build postmfix, it always displays there are some errors which make build failed. I have no idea how to solve the errors. Could you please teach me the way to solve the problem?
Here is my anaconda prompt screenshot. Thank you.

Hi - the correct command is build_mfixsolver --postmfix. Try that and let me know.

Hi. I’ve tied the command you provided, and it said build successful. However, I still cannot open postmfix. Please tell me how to open postmfix correctly after building successful. Thanks!
By the way, now I use ParaView to post-process my simulation data.

How are you trying to start postmfix, and what error are you seeing?

Hi, Charles. Thanks for your reply.
I use the command you provided, build_mfixsolver --postmfix , in Anaconda Powershell Prompt, and it says build successful. I also can find the file related to buildmfix in my work directory.

However, when I type ./postmfix in Anaconda Powershell Prompt according to MFiX user’s guide, it always says that “./postmfix” cannot be recognized as a cmdlet, function……

And I either cannot open the “mfixsolver.bat” , which generates after building mfixsolver.

I’m not sure if I use a wrong way to build and open postmfix. I’m looking forward to your help and thanks again.

Oops - due to changes in the build scripts, it appears that the --postmfix flag is not getting recognized. We will fix this for the upcoming 23.1 release (early April). Thanks for the bug report. It seems there are not a lot of users trying to build postmfix since this is the first time the issue has been reported.

In the meanwhile here’s a workaround. The build_mfixsolver script sets some flags and calls cmake. It is not calling cmake with the correct flags for postmfix. But you can call cmake yourself with the correct flags and it will work.

(base) conda activate mfix-22.4.3  
(mfix-22.4.3) build_mfixsolver --postmfix
(mfix-22.4.3) C:\Users\cgw>build_mfixsolver --j --postmfix
Building generic solver
Running cmake command:

cmake -DENABLE_PYMFIX=ON -G MinGW Makefiles -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\Users\cgw -DUDF_DIR=C:\Users\cgw -DVERSION=22.4.3 C:\Users\cgw\mambaforge\envs\mfix-22.4.3\share\mfix\src

you can hit ctrl-c after the cmake command is printed. Now copy and paste that command at the prompt, and right after ENABLE_PYMFIX=ON, add -DENABLE_POSTMFIX=ON. You will also have to put quotes around MinGW Makefiles to prevent an error. So the command will look like:

cmake -DENABLE_PYMFIX=ON  -DENABLE_POSTMFIX=ON -G "MinGW Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=C:\Users\cgw -DUDF_DIR=C:\Users\cgw -DVERSION=22.4.3 C:\Users\cgw\mambaforge\envs\mfix-22.4.3\share\mfix\src

Your directory and version names may be different, of course.

This should result in a working postmfix. If it does not, please let me know. Thanks for the bug report and sorry for the trouble.

– Charles

Charles, I’m so glad that you replied. However, unfortunately, I still cannot use postmfix by the command you provided. It says there are some "cmake error"s. Here is my prompt screenshot.

Anyway, thanks again.

Remove the '–DENABLE_PYMFIX=ONand just keep-DENABLE_POSTMFIX=ON`. Don’t use both.