PYTHONPATH errors?

I am running Mac Big Sur version 11.2.2.
I am running:
MFiX version: UNKNOWN
Python version: 3.7.10 (default, Feb 26 2021, 10:16:00) [Clang 10.0.0 ]
Qt Wrapper: PyQt5
Qt Version: 5.9.6
qtpy Version: 1.9.0
Numpy Version: 1.19.2
Nodeworks Version: Unavailable
Flask Version: 1.1.2
Sphinx Version: Unavailable
psutil Version: 5.8.0
VTK Version: 8.2.0
OpenGL Backend: None
System info: Darwin release 20.3.0 running on x86_64
Install location: /Users/amandabaumann/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-21.1rc0/share/mfix
Default Solver executable:None
Solver source code: /Users/amandabaumann/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-21.1rc0/share/mfix/src

I already had gcc and cmake installed on my Mac, but had to download home-brew to install open-mpi.
I successfully compiled the default solver, but when I run it, I get the follow segfault:

/Users/amandabaumann/Desktop/Research/hopper_dem_3d/mfixsolver: line 3: 39962 Segmentation fault: 11 env PYTHONPATH="/Users/amandabaumann/Desktop/Research/hopper_dem_3d":"":${PYTHONPATH:+:$PYTHONPATH} /Users/amandabaumann/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-21.1rc0/bin/python3.7 -m mfixgui.pymfix “$@”

Suggestions?

I uninstalled and reinstalled both anaconda and mfix and recompiled the solver again, but I am still getting this error message:
Warning: The solver test failed with the following error:

/Users/amandabaumann/Desktop/Research/hopper_dem_3d/mfixsolver: line 3: 86637 Segmentation fault: 11 env PYTHONPATH="/Users/amandabaumann/Desktop/Research/hopper_dem_3d":"":${PYTHONPATH:+:$PYTHONPATH} /Users/amandabaumann/opt/anaconda3/envs/mfix-21.1rc0/bin/python3.7 -m mfixgui.pymfix “$@”

Can somebody please help?

Hi. I met a similar problem recently. This is the problem I encountered and the way to solve it:

In general, settings and UDFs are the most error-prone places. Please check the above again.

Best regards

To be clear, the error has nothing to do with the PYTHONPATH variable, it’s a Segmentation fault.

line 3: 86637 Segmentation fault: 11 env PYTHONPATH ...

the PYTHONPATH is only appearing in the error output because it is actually part of the command line that launches the MFiX solver. It’s a bit of a complex command line, ensuring that the right version of Python and the required Python modules are found - some systems have moer than one Python installed.

When there’s a segmentation fault, there should also be some sort of stack trace, hopefully including file lines - but depending on the compiler and OS setup, this does not always work. Take a closer look at what’s in the console previous to the Segmentation fault message, you might have to scroll back a bit.

– Charles