Solver does not compile after installation of version 22.3

Hello developers,

I recently updated my mfix to the latest version 22.3. After updating the solver I tried to run my old DEM case for CaCO3 decomposition, but when I try to build the solver I get the following errors highlighted below. The code was working fine before I did the update and I have not made any changes to the code after the update. Also, please find attached files and chemical reaction subroutines I used. I would really appreciate the help.

Regards,
Ashreet Mishra.

run.mfx (24.0 KB)
usr_rates.f (1 Byte)
usr_rates_des.f (1.8 KB)

Did you try “Clean”? This removes previous build output. I think you are mixing object files from the two different versions.

1 Like

Hello @cgw thanks for your response. I used the clean command as well as reset mfix to factory default settings to tackle the issue but it still gives me the same error. Please see attached errors after using clean.

The usr_rates.f you attached is empty (1 byte). Is this intentional?

This fie is overriding the “official” usr_rates.f in the MFiX source directory.
In previous MFiX versions, the way user-written Fortran files override the official ones was implemented a bit differently so you would have have gotten away with having the empty file in your project dir. But it really shouldn’t be there.

Removing the empty file (and doing “Clean” again) will fix the issue.

– Charles

1 Like

The file usr_rates.f was there from the chemical reaction tutorial case and I never removed it.

It worked after deleting the file. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Ashreet Mishra.

1 Like