The bc_k_e value was filled but an error was reported saying that it was not filled

Hello, I filled in the value of k-e during the setting, but I kept reporting an error value that was not filled in during the running, and the following error occurred. May I ask why? Thank you!

mfix_2022-11-07T154010.997970.zip (37.0 KB)

I think we’re looking at two separate problems here. The file .visual_props is supposed to contain the state of the model view in MFIX- it normally looks something like

{"mesh": {"color": "#f44328", "visible": true, "opacity": 1.0, "rep": "solid", "color_by": "Volume", "edge": "#7a2114"}, "background_mesh": {"color": "#64b6f7", "visible": true, "opacity": 1.0, "rep": "wire", "edge": "#325b7b"},

while your file contains some garbage:

@GCC: (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0��08`	�
`

��� ,$p$�=�=�=�?@@��
                    �

I don’t understand how this happened but if you delete .visual_props from the project directory you should get past the loading error. You will have to set up the view again.

Separately from this I cannot load the file mazhangke_shiyan.mfx because it is not a valid MFIX file - just a lot of Х@é��kK�r���zUM�˝���

Did the file get corrupted somehow?

mazhangke_shiyan_2022-11-08T162045.745954.zip (61.3 KB)
Thank you for your reply. I have uploaded the file again. Could you please help me check the problem? Thank you very much!

You have found a bug in the MFiX GUI, the values entered for the turbulence parameters are not getting saved to the project file correctly for “compound” regions like the mass inflow “in1+in3+in5”

We will release a fix for this soon, but in the meanwhile you can work around the problem in 2 ways:

1. Quit MFiX, then open the .mfx file in an external editor and add the lines:
    bc_e_turb_g(1) = 0.00189
    bc_k_turb_g(1) = 0.00375
    bc_e_turb_g(2) = 0.00189
    bc_k_turb_g(2) = 0.00375

these can be anywhere in the top section of the file where keywords are set (before the # Chemical reaction section, etc)

Then reload the file in MFiX and run the simulation

1. Split the mass inflow into 3 separate inflows, this requires setting all the values for each one separately which is a bit unwieldy, so option (1) is probably best. If you save the file in MFiX again those settings will get clobbered so you may need to repeat that operation after each save (sorry!)

Thanks for the bug report, this will get fixed ASAP

– Charles

Another workaround:

$ cd $CONDA_PREFIX
$ vi ./lib/python3.10/site-packages/mfixgui/project.py

change line 466 of the file from

self.args = args

to

self.args = args.copy()

Thank you very much for your reply, the problem is solved, thank you!