Tracker launching but closing instantly

Hi!
I just installed tracker through anaconda. I installed this within an environment. On launching the tracker app the GUI launches but automatically closes within a couple of seconds with this error in the anaconda prompt:

(trackerenv) C:\Users\Agastya Balantrapu>tracker
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Agastya Balantrapu.conda\envs\trackerenv\lib\site-packages\tracker\app.py”, line 289, in get_cpu_ram
ui.progressBar_cpu.setValue(c)
TypeError: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’

I would appreciate any assistance on this!

I thought I fixed that, what version installed? 22.1?

Thanks @onlyjus. Yes this is 22.1. And this is Python 3.10 I am using through anaconda.

I figured it out, will push a new version.

Thanks, I really appreciate it Justin. Please let me know when the new version is out!

Hi @onlyjus, really sorry to bug you. Any chance you were able to push out a new version?
Thanks.

I fixed it in like 5 minutes, and having been struggling with pushing the package to the website… Darn CI pipeline.

Here is the diff if you are comfortable editing the code directly:

tracker/app.py
@@ -285,9 +291,8 @@ class TrackerGui(QtWidgets.QMainWindow, MainMenu):

c = psutil.cpu_percent()
         r = psutil.virtual_memory().percent
-
-        ui.progressBar_cpu.setValue(c)
-        ui.progressBar_ram.setValue(r)
+        ui.progressBar_cpu.setValue(int(c))
+        ui.progressBar_ram.setValue(int(r))

Finally got it pushed to the conda repo. Tracker 22.1.1 should install now.

That worked! Thanks a ton for your service @onlyjus!

Actually, it did but it crashed again as soon as I loaded a .mp4 file. See below. Any thoughts?

What Qt version do you have? Seems like they changed stuff.

I have Qt 5.9.7 and Qtpy 2.0.1

I have been developing with Qt 5.12.9 without problems and I can’t reproduce with:

Python version:  3.7.12
Qt wrapper:  PyQt5
Qt version:  5.9.7
qtpy version:  2.1.0
Numpy version:  1.21.6
Scipy version:  1.7.3
OpenCV version:  3.4.2

It looks like there is an issue with your Qt version where the floats are not being converted to the ints that Qt wants. I think I know where these are and will convert them manually.

Ok I deployed 22.1.2, see if that works. Sorry you are being a tester :frowning:

That seems to work Jason. Thanks and sorry for bugging you repeatedly. I will reach out to you if I find other bugs.
Thanks

Awesome! Thanks for testing.

I get the same question, when I restall the newst Tracker, there are some problems.

Once I click the menu, the procedure will be crash.

What version of Qt are you using?

I’m having similar problems on MacOS 13.4 (Intel) using Anaconda (conda 23.3.1). When running the tracker command from terminal the window will open but when I click the hamburger menu I end up with this:

(base) neale@MacBook-Pro-13 ~ % tracker
2023-06-20 11:41:11.036 python3.10[84220:567181] +[CATransaction synchronize] called within transaction
2023-06-20 11:41:11.729 python3.10[84220:567181] +[CATransaction synchronize] called within transaction
  File "/Users/neale/anaconda3/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tracker/main_menu.py", line 426, in show_main_menu
    self.main_menu.setGeometry(-w / 2, 0, w, h)
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  setGeometry(self, QRect): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
  setGeometry(self, int, int, int, int): argument 1 has unexpected type 'float'
zsh: abort      tracker

Hi, pretty much identical issues to the posters above, hoping that replying will raise visibility. I’m wondering if the latest package versions are causing issues, and if the mods could share the versions they are running? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I installed Tracker using Anaconda (conda version 23.11.0) on Windows 10 (version 10.0.19045).

Package versions:

conda                     23.11.0
python                    3.11.7
pyqt                      5.15.10
qt-main                   5.15.2
qtpy                      2.4.1
opencv                    4.6.0

numpy                     1.26.3
scipy                     1.11.4

1. Error upon start-up:
QMimeDatabase: Error loading internal MIME data
An error has been encountered at line 1 of : Premature end of document.:

2. Crash when clicking “File menu”
File “C:\Users\wschen\AppData\Local\anaconda3\Lib\site-packages\tracker\main_menu.py”, line 426, in show_main_menu
self.main_menu.setGeometry(-w / 2, 0, w, h)
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
setGeometry(self, a0: QRect): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’
setGeometry(self, ax: int, ay: int, aw: int, ah: int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’

3. Various bugs in image processing
Not sure if related to above. But, if I don’t click on the file menu and try to do stuff, I keep encountering various errors generally related to OpenCV, and functions are mostly unresponsive.

E.g., trying to crop:
cv2.error: OpenCV(4.9.0) D:\a\opencv-python\opencv-python\opencv\modules\imgproc\src\color.cpp:196: error: (-215:Assertion failed) !_src.empty() in function ‘cv::cvtColor’

E.g., particle detection:
cv2.error: OpenCV(4.9.0) D:\a\opencv-python\opencv-python\opencv\modules\features2d\src\blobdetector.cpp:90: error: (-5:Bad argument) minDistBetweenBlobs>0 in function ‘cv::SimpleBlobDetectorImpl::validateParameters’

Again, any help greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your time~