Unable to open mca_btl_openib: libosmcomp.so.3: cannot open shared object file

How to
hello everyone! I just run a 3D fluidized bed simulation with MFiX-24.4.3 in a HPC. In fact, the simulation could proceed and output some results. however, in the biginning of every simulation, there are always some Errors printed in the slurm-xxxx.out file. I have no idea about this report and the potential impacts on my simulation.
the error reads:
mca_base_component_repository_open: unable to open mca_btl_openib: libosmcomp.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (ignored)

i would greatly appreciate it if anyone could give me some help. Thanks!

Hi @JIAZY22

I’m fairly sure these messages are harmless but they are annoying!

How are you running in the HPC? Are you using our Conda packages or have you installed openmpi some other way?

– Charles

Thanks for your nice reply! In fact, I am using a commercial HPC, so the Conda was installed by the engineer of the HPC platform and I don’t kown exactly the Conda packages. Now the codes work well, so the messages are no big deal. Thanks again!

I suggest seeking support from the engineer of your HPC cluster. I’m glad MFiX is running, the warnings are probably harmless. And there’s probably some mpirun flags or environment variables you could set to supress these warnings.

Thanks for your kind reply! I think the warnings are harmless, and they only apear at the bigginning of the calculation. So it works well now. Your answer helps a lot! Thanks again!