Wet particles with liquid bridging fore, cohesive powder

Hi, I want to make a simulation about wet particels. Liquid bridging force need to be considered. How can I add a cohesive model to Mfix?

Please see the code related to cohesive force in the source code: calc_force_dem.f

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. It would be greater if you can provide more details.

Look for the sections on van der Waals forces, I’ve included an excerpt from calc_force_dem below. This will give you some understanding for how to incorporate a new cohesive force (initializing variables, performing calculations, adding them to the governing momentum balances, etc.)

Depending on how complicated your wet cohesion model is, you will probably have to modify multiple subroutines. Notice how even for van der Waals forces, multiple subroutines are involved.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer. I will read the code carefully and then try to modify subroutines.

Hi,
I wonder how can the liquid bridging forces, in the case of wet particles, be implemented in the TFM model?

Hi, Heng. I‘m working on the cohesive particle too. Have you solved your problem? Can the liquid bridge force model run in your MFiX?