3D TFM, BC inlet through bottom cone

Hi all,
I wonder what could be the best way to make an “irregular” BC inlet for a fluidized bed. Is it possible to use several .stl’s, where there is a main volume defining the wall, and then use an “overlapping” one defining the cone at the bottom? If so, I imagine the cone object should intersect the main volume only at the bottom. Or are there better ways to acheive this?

bilde
Note that the product outlet at the bottom shall be regarded as closed in the simulation.

You can use two stl files, one for the conical section, and another one for the walls. They cannot overlap though. You can also try using a single stl file and use the GUI to split the stl file using the selection shape (select box, where the box extent covers the conical section) and pick the selection method (full, partial, slice) that woks best.

Thanks. This was very helpful. I was able to use the GUI for this, and set up selections for the different .stl faces/regions.

Would it be a problem that the inlet face/cone does not reach all the way out to the outer edge? There are some mesh cells at the edge that seems not to be selected to be in this BC patch. I wonder if this makes the simulation struggle initially, as I have a hard time making it work. The cone has an angle of 20 degrees - perhaps I should remove more cells with the “small cells tolerance”?