A code error when i run a case with tfm

Hello, guys!
I often get the following error when i run a case with tfm? But i can not solve this error. Can someone take a look and explain me why this happen? The specific settings and parameters are in the uploaded zip file.
Thanks a lot!

1.5_2022-03-18T120010.953171.zip (987.5 KB)

I am looking at your case. It hasn’t hit the SIGFPE yet. I see that you are running on 12 cores and the failure happened after 20 minutes, so it will take a little while to reproduce.

In the meanwhile please see these posts, from the last time we ran across trouble in the DGTSV function - which is a solver for tridiagonal matrix equations.

Thanks for your reply! I will take a look these posts.

Somehow, there is a singularity when the bed packs. I was able to run to completion by turning off the preconditionner and setting norm_s = 1 or by turning off the preconditionner and leaving norm_s undefined.

Thanks , jeff.
The suggestions you give works! But I’m very curious about the cause of the singularity in the bed packs and wonder if you could give me some guidance.
Thanks again!

It is hard to tell for sure. When you get near close packing there are some highly non-linear terms that kick in to prevent overpacking.

Anyway, thanks a lot, jeff!
The solution you proposed helped me a lot!