ATOMIC.TXT error on Windows

Why is the model’s EP-G not slow-flowing, but suddenly changes at 0.5 seconds?

And when I check the energy equation, I always get this error in the picture, why is that?

Regarding the VTK issue, my guess is you have several vtk regions defined with different values of vtk_dt (write interval). The one you are showing has vtk_dt=0.5. You can set all write intervals to the same value so there is no gap in the display.

I will check the other issue, this could be a bug.

The GUI expects multi-line error messages to start with >>>>> and end with <<<<<. Anything between these delimiters is turned into a popup so you don’t miss it.

In this case, another >>>>> appears before the expected closing <<<<< so the message scanner popups up an error. That’s why the message says “log message not formatted properly”. I will fix this for the next release (it’s a bug, but not a high-severity one - the message is still displayed).

The real question is why thermochemical/ATOMIC.txt is not found.

Please submit a full bug report so I can investigate this - go to the main menu and select “Submit bug report”.

Thanks for you valuable feedback.

– Charles

@wangjinjing - the “ATOMIC.TXT” not found error is due to a bug in MFiX. It only affects the default solver, so if you compile a custom solver for this case the problem should go away. This will be fixed in MFiX 23.3

2ddem_2023-10-10T103038.900285.zip (56.6 MB)
Here’s my bug report. Please check it.Thanks!

Thank you. The ATOMIC.TXT bug is fixed for the upcoming 23.3 release.

I downloaded the newly released version 23.3, but this problem is still not solved. Is there something wrong with my own computer configuration?

Do you mean the ATOMIC bug or the VTK issue? Please submit a new bug report from the 23.3 version. Thanks.

I mean the ATOMIC bug,here’s my bug report. Thank you.
2ddem_2023-10-14T180506.352455.zip (53.6 MB)

It works for me on Linux. Looks like there is a mix of forward and backward slashes in the path, which doesn’t work on Windows. We will fix for 23.3.1 point release. Thanks for the report.

This has been fixed for MFiX version 23.3.1. Thanks for the bug report.