Boundary condition setting

I use a stl geometry in a rectangular spouted bed. However, particles could not be blowed up.
19.zip (93.8 KB)

There is no fluid mesh, all the cells are blocked:

GRID STATISTICS:
 NUMBER OF CELLS          =     1620
 NUMBER OF STANDARD CELLS =        0 (  0.00 % of Total)
 NUMBER OF CUT CELLS      =        0 (  0.00 % of Total)
 NUMBER OF BLOCKED CELLS  =     1620 (100.00 % of Total)

I scaled the stl file in the z direction by 1.1 to get the stl file outside of the domain. This seems to do the trick to get a fluid mesh. Looks like cut-cell does not like it when the stl is exactly the same as the domain…

19.mfx (12.3 KB)

All your particles :boom: now.

What should I do if I want fluidizing gas enter the column through the slop?

You will have to place point sources along the slope.

What do you mean by along the slope. Does it mean i need to defined several points on the slop or I can just define a plane along the slop and set this slop as point source region? Will the gas leakage equally along the slop?

You can either manually define a few discrete point sources next to the slope, or use a mass inlet BC along the sloped planes (MFiX will distribute a series of point sources in the cells next to the sloped planes). To do that, you need to split the STL file into two sections (that’s a bit tricky). Please see attached.I picked an arbitrary mass flow rate along the sloped planes.

614.mfx (15.6 KB)

I got another case saying all the cells are blocked. This time I extended the Z direction and all the cells keep blocked regardless of the direction of normal.
This is the case.plates.zip (99.4 KB)