Can automatic filling of particles generate two types of mixed particles in MFIX?

Hello, everyone!
Can two mixed particles be generated in the initial particle generation setting? I tried adding two types of particles to an initial bed layer, and the resulting two types of particles are also layered. If the particle position is written to particle_input.dat file, the problem is not knowing the coordinates when two particles are mixed. Do you have any good ways to solve this problem? Thank you fou your help!
Mixing.zip (1.2 MB)

I don’t understand “the problem is not knowing the coordinates when two particles are mixed”, can you explain this a little more please?

The automatic particle generation seeds particles of different phases in layers, they don’t mix. If you want a better starting point, you can define a series of IC regions so you will get to a mixed state faster. You can also run a pure granular simulation first, with two inlets near the top where phase 1 particles are injected from one inlet and phase 2 particles are injected from the other inlet. Let them settle for a few seconds and save the results into a particle_output.dat file. Then you can use this file (rename it as particle_input.dat) for the production run.

Otherwise, you can write your own custom initial particle configuration in the particle_input.dat file. Besides the coordinates (x,y,z) of each particle, you can specify the phase index and sqp parameters for each particle.

Thank you for your reply! @cgw
When writing the particle_input.dat file, the coordinates of two types of particles need to be used, but the coordinates of the mixture of the two particles cannot be obtained. I would like to know if it is possible to automatically generate two types of mixed particles instead of two separate particles in MFIX. Thank you!

Thank you for your help! @jeff.dietiker
I’ll give it a try!