Constant heat flux boundary condition on wall

Please select the most relevant MFiX category: | Installation | How to | Bug report | Share | for this topic.

Hello, developers,
I want to simulate the high heat flux at the wall. When the constant heat flux is set to 40,000k/m it can be solved normally, but when I set it to 4000000k/m as shown in the figure two errors are prompted, “Unphysical field variables detected on one or more processes.” and “The MPI_Comm_f2c() function was called after MPI_FINALIZE was invoked. This is disallowed by the MPI standard. Your MPI job will now abort.” Is there anything wrong with this setting?
fluid_bed_counterflow_2023-03-09T051835.928221.zip (226.3 KB)
Thank you very much!

Are you sure you want to impose 4 million degrees per meter temperature gradient?
You can scroll up the console to see more details about the failure, or click on the 2 errors 7 warnings 6 messages to see individual messages.

My guess is “Unphysical field variables detected on one or more processes.” means you have reached the max temperature due to unphysical BC.

Thanks a lot for these suggestions! In fact, I want to simulate a boundary heat flow density of 1MW/m^2, but I only see the temperature gradient option. Do I need to convert the heat flow density based on fluid thermal conductivity? By the way, can this large heat flow density be achieved?
Much appreciated!