Determine the total heat loss from the reactor

Hi, everyone. In the actual production process, we all know that there will always be heat loss on the wall of the reactor,especially in the high temperature reactions condition. It’s seems that the total heat loss form the wall is calculated in get_hloss.f (we can see in get_hloss.f the total heat loss from the reactor is named by HLOSS, and is was calculated by calling the module get_philoss_mod), so I have two questions about this:

1. we get used to set adiabatic wall in Boundary conditions, so the module get_hloss_mod will not be called(I guess). And I wonder know when I set the wall has specified temperature(no slip wall type), will there be any heat loss on the wall or will the module get_hloss_mod be called?
  2. Can I just set the wall heat loss coefficient value in MFiX to determine the total heat loss from the wall rather than set the wall specified temperature and call the module get_hloss_mod to calculate the the total heat loss? And where should it(the wall heat loss coefficient) be set in MFiX if possible.
    Looking forward for any reply from all of you!
    Happy Halloween~
  1. The heat loss is a global quantity, it is the sum of heat losses for all walls (you could have an adiabatic wall and a constant temperature wall in the same simulation). However the computation is only done for rectangular walls (not for cut cell geometry).
  2. No, because the heat loss depends on the local (next to the wall) gas and fluid temperatures.