How to define right calculaion domain

Hi, everyone

As shown in the figures below, the domain i want to calculate is a column. However, it is actually excluded in the domain. Regions in this cases are set by imitating the tutorial case, Three Dimensional Fluidized Bed, in user guide, whose calculation domain is similar to mine.

I don’t know what is wrong there. And anohter strange thing is that, i set the radiu of the cylinder, but the circle seems not round, which can also be found in the figures posted here, the domain is not closed.

So, how to set the right calculation domain in my case? Please give me some advice.

Thank you, everyone.

Best regards.
wuming

column.mfx (19.1 KB)

Please see attached. There were two issues with your geometry:

1. The normal vectors are pointing in the wrong direction. This is a common issue. I flipped the normals with the “reverse_sense” vtk filter.
  2. The domain extent (zmin=-0.01243, zmax=0.01243) are smaller than the cylinder (radius=0.0125), so the cylinder gets truncated. I also like to extend the geometry in the y-direction to get better intersection along the top and bottom boundaries.

I also added vtp output files to visualize the parcels.

column.mfx (18.4 KB)

Dear Jeff,

I had similar problem, for my case I am trying to use the annular space for the flow of water +solid particles and see the effect of that centralizer installed there on the both the fluid pressure and the particles movement. The flow is only in the annular space.
Thanks!

centralizer.mfx (14.1 KB)

Hi, Foued

I am trying to open your case posted here, but it seems that the STL file in your case is lacked. Can you post your STL file?

Best regards
wuming