How to monitor the heat of reaction

Dear developers,
I want to monitor the heat of chemical reaction, but I’m not sure whether I operate correctly.
Firstly, I added a few lines of code to :“use discretelement, only: des_usr_var” "des_usr_var(3,NP) = RXNS_Qs(NP) " ;
Second, I checked “Enable user scalar tracking” in mfix-22.3.1;
Finally, I monitored DES user scalar 1 of the particles in the monitor plane.
In addition, I don’t know what means of “fraction assigned to fluid or solid” and how to determine their values.
Thank you, and Happy New Year!

calc_rrates_des.f (9.7 KB)

@jeff.dietiker Sir, could you give me some guidance? Thank you!

When you specify the HoR, you need to define how much of it goes to each phase. The value is either given to you (along with the HoR value), or you need to calibrate it.

Do the monitor values seem reasonable? My recommendation is to always start with a simple test case to verify the implementation.

Thank you for your reply!And I also want to consult how to monitor the reaction heat of solid phase?

The MFiX “monitor” facility alllows monitoring of reaction rates but not heat of reaction.
We may add this in a future release, since it would be useful to have.
In the meanwhile you could add some print statements to the code.

You are saving the data in index 3 of the array des_usr_var(3,NP) but you only allocated one slot. This should have crashed. You should save it into slot 1 des_usr_var(1,NP) = RXNS_Qs(NP)

1 Like

OK. I understand. Thank you

Dear cgw,

May I ask whether the function of monitoring reaction heat has been added in the latest version of mfix?
Thanks!

No, this feature has not been added as far as I know

Thanks,we expect this feature to be added in the new version