MFIX 21.3 often fails to respond

MFIX 21.3 often does not respond. When the software starts, it starts to lag. Currently, no solution can be found.

To be more precise, Python is unresponsive, consuming increasing amounts of CPU and memory.

I notice at the bottom of your screenshot: Previous MFiX run is resumable. Reset job ...
This means you have already run a simulation and most GUI settings are locked. If you plan to run another simulation and need to change some settings, click the reset button on the top bar. This will delete your previous results and unlock the settings.

You can also load another simulation file or start a new one from the GUI.

The GUI will load the previous simulation file by default upon launching. If you want to start the GUI without loading the previous run, type:

mfix -n

So far, I still haven’t found a solution, even though I have reinstalled the computer’s operating system. I wonder if the Python version of Anaconda3 is too latest?

Hi Raymond,

I can reproduce this if I start mfix in ‘no project’ mode (mfix -n) and click “Submit bug report”. The issue is that the code is trying to zip up the current project, and there is none. This is a small bug that will get fixed in the next release. But if you are seeing this behavior without clicking anything, it’s a problem I don’t understand.

– Charles

I got it. Thank you cgw. I think it’s Anaconda 3. Expecting the next version of MFIX.