MFIX-24.1 download

Hi,

Should the command that is on your website:
mamba create -n mfix-24.1 mfix==24.1 mfix-doc==24.1 mfix-gui==24.1 mfix-solver==24.1 mfix-src==24.1 -c conda-forge -c https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/s3/TOKEN//conda/dist

be instead:

conda create -n mfix-24.1 mfix==24.1 mfix-doc==24.1 mfix-gui==24.1 mfix-solver==24.1 mfix-src==24.1 -c conda-forge -c https://mfix.netl.doe.gov/s3/TOKEN//conda/dist ?

We now recommend to use miniforge instead of anaconda. If you installed miniforge, please use the mamba command. If you already have anaconda installed and donā€™t want to switch to miniforge, you can still use the conda command.

1 Like

Even inside the Anaconda world, you can do conda install mamba and you will have access to the mamba command, which we have found gives faster and more fail-proof installs.

Mamba is a version of Conda rewritten in C++ which uses multiple threads and is significantly faster than the original ā€˜condaā€™, many users have made the switch due to frequent failures with conda, see e.g. Conda and Mamba | Department of Statistics

1 Like

Putting it our here in case someone else runs into the issue:

I managed to installed with the mamba command once i used: ā€œsource /home/ebreard/miniforge3/bin/activateā€, but was struggling to activate as mamba activate mfix-24.1 forced me to use mamba init, which did not actually allow me to use mamba activate anyhow; maybe they were conflicts in my bashrc having anaconda3?
I had to do:
(base) [ebreard@login2 ebreard]$ source ā€œ/gpfs/home/ebreard/miniforge3/etc/profile.d/mamba.shā€
(base) [ebreard@login2 ebreard]$ mamba activate mfix-24.1
(mfix-24.1) [ebreard@login2 ebreard]$

Glad you figured it out, Eric.

I have

if [ -f "/home/cgw/miniforge3/etc/profile.d/mamba.sh" ]; then
    . "/home/cgw/miniforge3/etc/profile.d/mamba.sh"
fi

in my .bashrc but I didnā€™t put it in ther maually - itā€™s part of the <<<<conda initialize section. Iā€™ve installed so many different versions of Anaconda, Miniforte, mamba, etc, that I donā€™t remember what command put that in there - it was either saying yes to some question at install time, or running either conda init or mamba init.