Monitors not showing any data

I running a simulation with monitors set up in a few locations to measure particle flow. Everything seems to work fine, but I can’t seem to get any actual values from the monitors. I’ve looked through the .CSV files and it’s 0.00000 for every value. They seem straight forward enough, so I’m confuses as to why this keeps happening. Can anyone give me a quick rundown of them in case there is a detail I’m missing?

If it is TFM, please attach your project files so someone can try to help. If it is DEM or PIC, monitors do not yet support particle data (this will be tentatively released in 19.3). The GUI should not let you set up monitors for the solids phase in DEM nor PIC.

Hi Jeff so for DEM simulations, how do I obtain time averaged values for solid phase properties?

For now you will have to write your own udf to process the data.

How about Paraview? Does it offer any tools to extract such information?

There is a subroutine that can calculate particle granular temperature in DEM. See des_granular_temperature.f

Also check the test case in MFiX: /legacy_tests/dem-tests/homogeneous-cooking-system, in this test case, the subroutine is called. You may want to try this.

1 Like

Many thanks Gao Xi I will try it out!