Particle outflow velocity deviation from the particle outlet setting

Please select the most relevant MFiX category: | Installation | How to | Bug report | Share | for this topic.

Hello, Developers,
As shown in the picture I have set the particle outlet in the bottom center (blue block) and the gas inlet on the bottom sides (red block). However, in the j-calculation result, I can see that the particle outflow area is significantly larger than the outlet setting, and the outflow w position is also off-center. What could be the reason for this?
Here is my case file, any possible answer is greatly appreciated!
fluid_bed_counterflow_2023-04-08T152813.275919.zip (3.5 MB)

We are looking into it. It could be a bug but I don’t have a solution yet.

Confirming your result. I overlaid a ruler across the bottom of the image. The particle outlet should go from -0.0025 to 0.0025 while in this video you can see it goes from about -0.0075 to 0.005.

(Of course, you cannot see the particles falling out of the domain - as they leave the pressure outlet they disappear from view. The spheres on the bottom layer which suddenly disappear are dropping out the bottom)

Thank you very much for the patient examination of the problem! Yes, that’s what I was wondering about, the particle dropout is larger than the setting range.

Thank you! Now I set the bottom of the domain as the particle outlet boundary.