Perforated template modeling

Hello developers!
I want to build the perforated template as shown in the picture, so that the fluid flows in from the top small hole and out from the bottom small hole.

I was originally planning to construct this perforated template model by boolean difference of box and cylinder, but this method somehow the geometric model obtained is not the desired one, as shown in the picture. Also, as the number of holes boolean operation increases, the software gets stuck straight away.
Later I looked up forum posts about perforated templates,and found that I could model the holes without Boolean operations.But when I try to build the template with only one hole, I get an error as shown in the picture, I don’t know what went wrong, please can you guys give me developers can give me some suggestions.

Here is my model file, can you give me a few pointers?
duokongmodel.zip (178.4 KB)

I am not able to reproduce the error you showed with the files you attached. I think you need the boolean operation otherwise you have facets that are crossing each other between the boxes and the cylinders.

Thank you very much for your reply Jeff!
I tried to apply Boolean operations to find the difference between a box and a cylinder. But because I have more holes (40), at first the geometry obtained by boolean operation is not a problem, but in the subsequent boolean operation to find the difference somehow the calculated geometry model is not what I want (sometimes the whole geometry disappears, sometimes the page stutters), what is going on, I look forward to your reply!

test3.zip (92.5 KB)