Problem of creating of Point Sources

I tried a lot of mass inlets for my study. But i saw a two different problem. Are there any suggestion for define point source regions

I saw this error when i try to create box regions

ERROR get_ps.f:151
Error 1101: Invalid location specified for PS 1.
X: -0.42400 ,-0.47400 I: 23, 22
Y: 4.1350 , 4.0350 J: 66, 63
Z: 0.10000E-01, 0.0000 K: 2, 1

And, i saw this error when i create point regions.

ERROR set_ps.f:154
PointSource setup Error: 0 No PS_VOLUME == ZERO
nisantez_2021-05-26T122552.930508.zip (59.7 MB)

First check your stl file normal orientation and mesh to make sure you have fluid cells where the points sources are located. Then for point source box regions, make sure the max coordinate is larger than the min (for example ymin=4.135 and ymax=4.035 is incorrect). For point regions you can move them slightly inward the fluid region rather than having them flush on the boundary. This should help since you have large snap tolerance.

Thanks for helping me, my model ran when I locate points to more inside; I’m really a beginner at stl import.

Can I ask one more question about point source? What’s different between point or box type point sources? I want to modeling for 1 in diameter, angled nozzles. I calculated and defined mass flow rate and velocity components. Are there a big difference between “box” or “point”?

A “point” will apply the point source in a single cell (where the point is located). A “box” will spread the source terms over all cells within the box, assuming the box is bigger than a cell.