Q:About the wall BC

Question 1: Can Mfix take the geometry wall as the no-slip-wall automatically**(I mean as default)**, without set up manually???—if possible, we can only consider the BCs which we want.?
Question 2: What is the different of the selection method -----Full/partial/slice???

I don’t fully understand your question 1. All boundaries must have a defined type. In mfix/model/init_namelist.f you will find

BC_TYPE(LC) = UNDEFINED_C

I suppose you could try changing this to BC_TYPE(LC) = 'NSW' and see what happens.

Regarding question 2; the answer to this is displayed in the ‘tooltip’ which appears when you hover the mouse over the relevant control.
shot-2022-03-24_09-31-51

Perhaps we should add this text to the user documentation.

– Chares

About the Q1, I mean : Does the mfix default take the all the geometry walls as the NSW, and if I change the part of the wall to give a specific BC, so, the question is : Can these specific BC cover the NSW with the other walls remain unchanged(still NSW)?

YES, I can see the “tool tip”,but ,i found that: if i use the “full” method,it seems that mfix can’t choose the all facets i need,and there are some facets can’t be chosen.
See below:

Q1: You need to explicitly define the BC type for STL files. Default walls (NSW) only apply to the MFiX box planes (say x=xmax etc), but in my opinion it is bad practice to not explicitly define all BCs.

Q2: You should not use partial or full selection here because the stl triangle edges are not aligned with the selection plane. You should use the slice selection so the triangles are cut at the specified plane locations.

2 Likes

OK,thanks for your reply.