Some problems about particle agglomeration

Hello, developer. I am simulating the reaction of biomass pyrolysis coke using the DEM method, but as the reaction progresses, particle aggregation occurs. What methods can be used to avoid this situation?
Best wishes!

Please upload your simulation if you want help (Main menu/Submit bug report)

Thank you for your reply amidst your busy schedule. This problem has been solved.

I have not run your simulation, but you set it up as a 3D simulation with front and back walls spaced 2mm apart which is exactly the particle size. This may explain why particles can’t move freely. Try to either run a 2D simulation or increase the gap between the front and back walls.

Thank you for your answer. However, in the calculation examples provided in the user manual, it can be found that the 2D DEM model is still used, and the 2D model is not selected, but 3D simulation is used. At this point, setting the number of grids in the z-direction to 1 is considered a valid 2D simulation. In the template example, there was no phenomenon of particle aggregation.

I am currently conducting a 2D simulation, but particle aggregation still occurs, as shown in the following figure. What is the reason for this?

You have the cohesion model turned off, right?

Yes, I have never enabled the cohesion model.

Excuse me, I am conducting a 3D simulation and have set the distance between the front and rear walls to 0.004m. The maximum particle size is 0.002m, and particle agglomeration still occurs.

Excuse me again, is there a solution to this problem?

I do not have a solution but this only occurs when reactions are turned on. My suggestion is to double check the reaction rate. Maybe it is too large and creating issues with the gas density and pressure field.

Thank you for your reply. I will think of other ways again.