Symbol conflicts with symbol from module constant

Hi,

When i built a customed solver for my pic simulation, following error was reported. I checked the file ‘species.inc’ and found that there is another solid having the same number. How can i solve this problem? Can you please tell me how the file ‘species.inc’ is generated?

The file species.inc is automatically generated from the build script by parsing the .mfx file. It looks for all species and reaction rates and assigns variables so they can easily be used when coding user rates.

This is not the issue here. The error message says you have a conflict between the variable C you are declaring and the variable C that is already declared in the module constant.

You can either choose a different name for C, or review the content of the constant module (see model/constant_mod.f). If you are actually not using any of these variables, just remove use constant from usr_rates_des.f. If you are using some variables, say PI, you can use

use constant, only: pi

and it will only access pi from that module, not C ,so you will be able to declare C in usr_rates_des.f.